Morphometric Parameters of the Heart as Predictors of Clinical Course of Hemodynamic Ischemic Stroke in Acute Phase
Keywords:acute phase of ischemic stroke, central hemodynamics, stroke severity
In 60 patients with acute phase of ischemic hemodynamic stroke, with the use of Doppler echocardiography, morphometric parameters of the heart were evaluated and the severity of the stroke was assessed on the 1st, 7th and 14th day of disease.
It is found that age of patient age and baseline blood pressure did not influence the severity of the stroke. Reliable relationships between the severity of stroke, and its size and location were found only on the 14th day of disease. It was determined that the morphometric parameters of the heart has more significant effect on the degree of neurological deficit at the onset of the disease and on the regression of neurological symptoms within the first two weeks of acute phase of stroke, than size and location of infarction. Cardiac minute output, cardiac index, posterior wall thickness and left ventricular mass index clearly correlated both with baseline severity of stroke (p < 0.05) and degree of reduction of neurological symptoms on 7th day (p < 0.01) and 14th day (p < 0.05). There was detected a significant impact of ejection fraction on the reduction of neurological deficit on the 7th day (p < 0.01) and 14th (p < 0.05) day of the disease.
The results of the study indicated that that the morphometric para-
meters of the heart and systemic hemodynamics can largely be predictors of the clinical course of acute phase of ischemic hemodynamic stroke.
Грищук Д.В. Анализ гемодинамических параметров острого периода различных подтипов ишемического инсульта / Д.В. Грищук, В.В. Машин, Л.А. Белова, Г.М. Дорошенко // Материалы 43-й научно-практической межрегиональной конференции врачей. — Ульяновск, 2008. — С. 271-272.
Подлеснова Е.Ю. Патогенетические варианты цереброваскулярных нарушений при ишемической болезни сердца: Дис… к.м.н.: 14.00.13 Нервные болезни. — Саратов, 2004. — 139 c.
Струтынский А.В. Эхокардиография. Анамнез и интерпретация. — М.: МЕДпресс-информ, 2001. — 204 с.
Трунова Е.С. Состояние сердца и течение острого периода ишемического инсульта: Дис... канд. мед. наук: 14.00.13. — М., 2008. — 142 с.
Abboud H. High blood pressure in early acute stroke: a sign of a poor outcome? / Abboud H., Labreuche J., Plouin F., Amarenco P. // J. Hypertens. — 2006. — 24(2). — 381-386.
Blood pressure as an independent prognostic factor in acute ischemic stroke / Jensen M.B., Yoo B., Clarke W.R. et al. // J. Hypertens. — 2008. — 26(7). — 1446-1452.
Blood pressure variability in acute ischemic stroke depends on hemispheric stroke location / Dicker D., Maya I., Vasilevsky V., Gofman M. et al. // Blood Press. — 2006. — 15(3). — 151-156.
Cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in losartan interventional for endpoint reduction in hypertension study (LIFE): a randomized trial against atenolol / Dahlof B., Devereux R., Kjeldsen S. et al. for the LIFE Study Group // Lancet. — 2002. — Vol. 359. — P. 995-1003.
Cuadrado-Godia Elisa. Heart Failure in Acute Ischemic Stroke / Elisa Cuadrado-Godia, Angel Ois, and Jaume Roquer // Curr. Cardiol. Rev. — 2010 August. — 6(3). — 202-213.
Hemodynamic findings in patients with brain stroke / Janusz Siebert, Piotr Gutknecht, Andrzej Molisz et al. // Arch. Med. Sci. — 2012 May 9. — 8(2). — 371-374.
Impaired blood pressure increase in acute cardioembolic stroke / Marcheselli S., Cavallini A., Tosi P. et al. // J. Hypertens. — 2006. — 24(9). — 1849-1856.
Left Ventricular Mass and Geometry and the Risk of Ischemic Stroke / Marco R. Di Tullio, Donna R. Zwas, Ralph L. Sacco et al. // Stroke. — 2003. — 34(10). — 2380.
Prognostic Value of Hemodynamic Findings from Impedance Cardiography in Hypertensive Stroke / Marcellus Francis L. Ramirez, Restituto T. Tibayan, Crismelita E. Marinas // AJH. — 2005. — 18. — P. 65-72.
Severe systemic hemodynamic impairment in patients with stroke / Galarza C.R., Alfie J.V., Waisman J. et al. // Am. J. Hypertens. — 1996. — 9 (Suppl 1). — 172A.
The impact of blood pressure hemodynamics in acute ischemic stroke: a prospective cohort study / Latha Ganti Stead, Sailaja Enduri, M. Fernanda Bellolio et al. // Int. J. Emerg. Med. — 2012
Copyright (c) 2016 INTERNATIONAL NEUROLOGICAL JOURNAL
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.