Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Chronic Cerebral Ischemia of Hypertensive and Atherosclerotic Origin
Keywords:chronic cerebral ischemia, magnetic resonance imaging, leukoaraiosis, cerebral atrophy
Large number of subjective and descriptive characteristics of chronic cerebral ischemia (CCI) raises the question of the development of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) criteria of CCI depending on its origin (hypertensive and atherosclerotic). CCI of hypertensive origin on MRI was characterized by multiple large foci, predominantly subcortical ones, with spread of them on the basal ganglia, diffuse confluent leukoaraiosis, with a predominance of internal cerebral atrophy (CA). CCI of atherosclerotic origin had its own distinctive MRI features: average number of small foci, predominantly periventricular ones, local leukoaraiosis, external CA prevails.
Болезни нервной системы: Руководство для врачей: В 2 т. / Под ред. Н.Н. Яхно, Д.Р. Штульмана. — 3-е изд., перераб. и доп. — М.: Медицина, 2003. — 744 с.
Дамулин И.В., Брызжахина В.Г., Яхно Н.Н. Нарушения ходьбы и равновесия при дисциркуляторной энцефалопатии. Клинико-нейропсихологическое и МРТ сопоставление // Неврол. журн. — 2004. — № 4. — С. 13-8.
Евстигнеев В.В., Юршевич Е.А., Бузуева О.А. Дисциркуляторная энцефалопатия // Медицина. — 2001. — № 1. — С. 26-29.
Юршевич Е.А., Евстигнеев В.В. Дисциркуляторная энцефалопатия (нейропсихологические, допплерографические и нейровизуализационные характеристики) // Здравоохранение. — 2002. — № 4. — С. 8-13.
Яхно Н.Н., Левин О.С., Дамулин И.В. Сопоставление клинических и МРТ-данных при дисциркуляторной энцефалопатии. Когнитивные нарушения // Неврол. журн. — 2001. — № 3. — С. 10-8.
Bowler J.V., Hachinski V. The concept of vascular cognitive impairment // Vascular cognitive impairment / Ed. by T. Erkinjuntti, S. Gauthier. — Martin Dunitz, 2002. — Р. 9-26.
Gauthier S., Touchon J. Subclassification of mild cognitive impairment in research and in clinical practice // Alzheimer’s disease and Related Disorders Annual. — 2004. — Р. 61-70.
O’Brien J.T., Erkinjuntti T., Reisberg B. et al. Vascular cognitive impairment // Lancet Neurology. — 2003. — № 2. — Р. 89-98.
Schmidtke K., Hull M. Cerebral small vessel disease: how does it progress? // J. Neurol. Sciences. — 2005. — 229/230. — Р. 13-20.
Roman G.C., Erkinjuntti T., Wallin A. et al. Subcortical ischemic vascular dementia // Lancet Neurology. — 2002. — № 1. — Р. 426-436.
Copyright (c) 2016 INTERNATIONAL NEUROLOGICAL JOURNAL
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.