Features of Fatal and Nonfatal Stroke Outcomes
Keywords:stroke, outcome, risk factors, treatment
Background. Identification of factors influencing the outcome of stroke in the peracute period. Methods. The data of 1091 patients in the acute period of stroke were studied. Results. The correlations of age, the initial condition of the patient, concomitant diseases, risk factors, type of the stroke and activities undertaken in the acute phase of stroke with its outcome was shown. Conclusions. It is possible to influence the disease outcome by improving measures of primary and secondary prevention, as well as by compliance with current algorithms of stroke treatment in the prehospital and hospital stages.
Гехт А.Б. Исходы инсульта и основные направления восстановительного лечения больных, перенесших инсульт / А.Б. Гехт // X Российский национальный конгресс «Человек и лекарство»: лекции для практикующих врачей. — М., 2004. — С. 161-172.
Гусев Е.И. Основные факторы, влияющие на исходы инсультов / Е.И. Гусев, Б.С. Виленский, А.А. Скоромец // Журнал неврологии и психиатрии им. С.С. Корсакова. — 1995. — Т. 95, № 1. — С. 4-7.
Федин А.И. Влияние сроков госпитализации на исходы различных клинических форм инсульта / А.И. Федин, Н.Ю. Ермошкина // Неврологический вестник. — 2006. — Т. 38, вып. 1–2. — С. 6-10.
Яворская В.А. Сосудистые заболевания головного мозга: руководство для семейных врачей / В.А. Яворская. — Х., 2003. — 238 с.
Foerch C. Sex disparity in the access of elderly patients to acute stroke care / C. Foerch, B. Misselwitz, M. Humpich [et al.] // Stroke. — 2007. — Vol. 38 (7). — P. 2123-2126.
Maze L.M. Factors associated with hospital arrival time for stroke patients. / L.M. Maze, T. Bakas // Journal of Neuroscience Nursing. — 2004. — Vol. 36 (3). — P. 136-141.
Saver J.L. The «golden hour» and acute brain ischemia: presenting features and lytic therapy in > 30,000 patients arriving within 60 minutes of stroke onset / J.L. Saver, E.E. Smith, G.C. Fonarow [et al.] // Stroke. — 2010. — Vol. 41. — P. 1431-1439.
Tong X. Medical complications among hospitalizations for ischemic stroke in the United States from 1998 to 2007 / X. Tong, E.V. Kuklina, C. Gillespie, M.G. George // Stroke. — 2010. — Vol. 41 (5). — P. 980-986.
Uchino K. Entry criteria and baseline characteristics predict outcome in acute stroke trials / K. Uchino, D. Billheimer, S.C. Cramer // Stroke. — 2001. — Vol. 32 (4). — P. 909-916.
Yong M. Association of characteristics of blood pressure profiles and stroke outcomes in the ECASS-II trial / M. Yong, M. Kaste // Stroke. — 2008. — Vol. 39 (2). — P. 366-372.
Copyright (c) 2016 INTERNATIONAL NEUROLOGICAL JOURNAL
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.